Thursday, April 24, 2008

My First Sin(Zin)

My first sin was...
it's none none of your business....
and although this is probably the first Zinfandel I have made tasting notes of....
I must have had a glass pushed in front
of me at some time...
I made preliminary precautions before deciding what to try..after reading so many negatives
about the grape....and this one is probably
not the most typical. After tasting it..
anything less elegant would not have
been my style.






Green & Red Vineyard
Chiles Mill Vineyard Zinfandel 2005

Napa Valley, California, U.S.A.
Smoke...some dried plums on the nose....a fairly big mouthful..like stuffing a whole bowl of raspberries in at once....but there is an elegance and coolness that reins it back in...medium soft tannins..and a spicy touch. The 14.5% Alcohol left it's mark...but I stopped at the halfway stage..otherwise a pounding head in the night would have lost it a point!

Points 16

No comments: