Saturday, June 06, 2009

Spanish Friends

Bodegas La Tapada Bodegas
Guitan Godello 'Sobre lias' 2007

Valdeooras, Spain

A great vintage in Northern Spain...after the 'oaked' version..this is a lighter straw colour..smell of wild flowers..fresh herbs..ripe fruit on the palate..this is made 'sur lie'...on the lies..and is soft flavoured and has a charming appeal..
perfect with tomato bread & loads of butter (I know..my wife tells me as well...but hey...pleasures are there to be taken....) along with some marinated octopus & assorted salamis..you still with me?...or have you fainted at the thought of this perfect match?...
Points 16.5.....

Food....simple fare..really..but sometimes that's all that is needed to be happy...






I have been drinking a glass or two of one of my favourite Sherries over the past few days...
always reminds me of some wonderful tapas in Sanlucar de Barrameda...
I open a bottle of this..and try a small glass..then rescrew it and leave it 2 days in the fridge...all that talk about Sherry deteriorating..humbug!..this tastes better day by day...still has the salty dry 'flor' flavour..but shows it's backbone with airing.
Reliable friend...

No comments: