Monday, December 03, 2012

Pumpkin, Panko and Pearls

My wife has  spoiled me for over 35 years with her cooking talents. Nowadays...we try to cut down her time in the kitchen...and leave it to her 'wanting to' compared to 'having to'.

I love Pumpkin...so the starter of Prawns in a light Pumpkin sauce had me heading for a good Sauvignon Blanc.

 
Sattlerhof Kranachberg Große STK Lage
Sauvignon Blanc 2010
South Styria, Austria

Aroma of mandarin orange...some smokey tones...zippy grapefruit...yellow fruits...dry tangy...needs time.
Points 17


















The fish stall at our local Market had 'Kingklip' on offer...a new one to me...and done in Panko Thai Lobo Bread Crumbs...called for a great Grüner Veltliner...well...maybe that is overdoing it...but that is the first bottle that my eyes set on when entering the cellar.


F.X. Pichler Grüner Veltliner
Smaragd Loibner Berg 2002
Wachau, Austria

Colour...pale gold... nose...gorgeous...yellow stone fruits, citrus, apricots...some petrol....no sign of age...vanilla, good dose of white pepper, thrilling minerals...as perfect as a GV can be...
Points 18



No comments: