Friday, September 21, 2007

Something Old, Something New

A mature woman and a young wine..or would you prefer it the other way round? (not sure my wife would so we'll stick with the first version.)
Anyway.. an 83 year old wine and a 19 year old girl..would never work!
Took my mum, who is here visiting me, to our local Bistro..where they cook fresh food at reasonable prices..and..and.. I can take my own wine and pay corkage.

Bodegas Torremilanos Cyclo 2003
Ribera del Duero, Spain
Tempranillo 95% from 100 year old vines with the rest Cabernet Sauvignon & Merlot.
Deep purple; big meaty wine with power; opened in glass but still holding on to most of what's in there, iron fist; rich and full, dark fruits with a tannic bite, well-balanced...could be more attractive..but that's the style..a Parker wine..and the 2004 is supposed to be better.
Points 17










Mum..
Points 20

No comments: