Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Super Salad and Chinon


















Philippe Alliet Chinon Vieilles Vignes 2005
Loire, France
The 'Vieilles Vignes' is a gravel-grown cuvee from 50 year-old vines that is aged in year-old barriques
Delicate, slightly sweet aroma...then a clear blackberry...like an old style Bordeaux..some velvety oak...touch of liquorice and spices...fresh, easy drinking..something you'd be happy to take as a luncheon wine...if I ever drank at midday....
Points 16.5
How about this for a 'super salad'..cooked peeled tomatoes and yellow 'spuds' (Potatoes to you)...with goat's cheese wrapped in bacon..on a bed of ruccola salad.

2 comments:

Joe said...

Ha! If you ever drank at midday...What's with the Chinon - Germany run out of Spatburgunder? I'd bet an S-burgunder would work well with the salad, better than that Chinon.

Barry said...

Joe..an SB may have worked well..but I have been warned off by unnamed bloggers....
until next week,,when I am in Baden..then it's back to the roots.
The Chinon paired quite well...warm potatoes and tomatoes...I imagined I was sat by the Loire river...