Monday, October 11, 2010

Fresh Spinach Pairing

I love Lamb Carée, I love Roast Potatoes....and I love FRESH Spinach....I hate packet Spinach.
My wife buys a 'massive' bunch of the vegetable...and it disappears in size...but is SO MUCH better than any quick-fix version.
A couple of wines purchased recently on the Baden trip...tasted over 2 days...





Weingut Höfflin Spätburgunder trocken
Barrique Prestige 2007
Baden, Germany
The vineyard lies in the middle of Schambachtal....a small idyllic area in Kaiserstuhl.
Can you tell a Bio wine?...well...I doubt it...but this one feels like it. Maybe it was the memory of the property yard with home-grown vegetables at one end...and the tasting room door at the other.
The character of the wine smells and tastes of nature...a complex fruit and flower aroma. Elegant and with finesse. The oak has been finely used...it held over 2 days...a small property competing
with a top one.
Points 16.75

Salwey Spätburgunder trocken
Barrique RS 2007

Baden, Germany
After the more basic Salwey 2007...I was expecting a little more here...but the same feeling...they are awkward at the moment...the oak is dominating...lacking finesse....can't really give it more than...
Points 16.25
Höfflin wins...hands-down!

No comments: