Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Pato & Pato

Did you know that the Portuguese word for Duck..is Pato? The wine I took along to a restaurant...and tried...with duck...along with almonds and dates....
Can't get a better marriage than that I guess.....
Our guests also enjoy trying everything on show....so mouthfuls of every course were tried.....here a couple of other dishes...
We only wanted a half of white...0, 5l is what we got..a very good Giunco Piccolo 2008 from Sardinia.








Luis Pato Vinha Barrosa 2003
Barraida, Portugal
Deep aroma of red fruits...very much cherry...with a 'dry'..brittle tannic touch...and fresh acidity...ripe plums as it opened...still very fresh...and a fine wine with food.
Points 16.5





A day later....an Italian red...it's been a while...and good Barbera has always appealed to me.
Michele Chiarlo Barbera D'Asti
Nizza La Court 2005

Piemont, Italy
Attractive smell on opening...red berries...gentle oak hovering...then an earthiness typical of the area...some leather.
I wanted to see how this developed next evening..but my wife..who hardly ever drinks red...beat me to it.
Points 16.....but ask my wife if it earned more the next day!

No comments: