Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Hirsch Duo

I have decided I need to buy more Austrian Riesling...due to the fact that the style seems to always please me. A few warm days...and a chance to compare the two top wines from a top property.

Hirsch Riesling Gaisberg 2009
Kamptal, Austria

Slightly bitter...tight...not too forthcoming...but it changed a few times of 3 days...still not as exotic as the Heiligenstein. Lime citrus fruit...missing a middle and no sign of it filling out...suffers in comparison to it's 'Brother'
Points 17


Hirsch Riesling Heligenstein 2009
Kamptal, Austria

Peaches on the nose...rich apples on the palate...and a touch of
petrol to please me.
I should own a petrol /gas station...get my kicks for free!
Over 2 days the grapefruit popped up...love the aftertaste and length.
More intense than the Gaisberg
Points 17.5

No comments: