Wednesday, April 22, 2009

White PiNo

If there is one grape that I only need the best of....it's Weissburgunder. Am I a wine snob in this respect...not really..its just that I find the 'lesser' wines to be overblown..and they leave me wishing I hadn't ordered. The best I have had this year was the Salwey.
Hansjörg Rebholz doesn't do things by halves....everything he touches (wine I mean) turns to gold.








Ökonomierat Rebholz PiNo 'R'
Spätlese trocken 2007
Pfalz, Germany
A cuvée of Weissburgunder & Chardonnay. There is a gentle smokiness....a palate of spicy pears..fresh hay..yellow fruits..the Weissburgunder is lively..and the Chardonnay hits in with a creamy, vanilla backdrop. All in all..a lovely weighted wine...loads of character and a drink-again feeling..not always the case as I stated above. I know..I have rich tastes when it comes to the grape....but like the Salwey..this is very fairly priced at € 23,--
Points 17.25

No comments: