Thursday, July 10, 2014

Kaiser Barry


Histamin...never heard of it? Most people have not...and a regular doctor will most likely wave his hand and not discuss it. I am not going to describe what it is here....that's what we have Google for.
What it is though...is a ****** nuisance.
Why?...because various foods and, in particular, wines, are taboo.
My wine cellar is 50 % Pinot Noir / Spätburgunder...and eagle-eyed readers of the blog will maybe have noticed...Barry is drinking loads of whites...probably because of the hot summer. The answer would be 'half' correct...the negative 'half' is...I have tried to not drink anything red. A couple of glasses with my Corovin....that was it over the last 6 weeks. Check the Bavarian report....only white. It has been easier with it being summer...but I dread to think what I will do in winter. Drink and be damned probably.
So...I am drinking white...and green(Veltliner). It is about time I was honoured by the neighbours over the border. (I live in Germany). I love Austrian whites...Grüner Veltliner of course...and now I am loving their Rieslings...
and to think...when I first started drinking wine...Austria had a bad name!
Sat in the garden when the sun goes down...a glass of the classic grape...two glasses null the thoughts of my red-wine problem. Problem?...what problem?

I decided to do a short film of our garden...one hour a day watering...you get nothing from life if you don't invest!


                                                

Having found the Knoll 2012 a little too young...I still could not resist...

Alzinger Riesling Smaragd Loibenberg 2012
Wachau, Austria
Green/yellow colour...lush yellow apple fruit...lively acidity...but already well integrated...good length...and delicious in the evening sun
Points 17.5


No comments: