Monday, July 23, 2012

La Fattoria

Whenever we just want to eat good food...with a pleasant Ambiente...we head for La Fattoria.
A sunday evening which started out inside the restaurant...ended outside for a good cigar and coffee.
The food was, as always, delicious and very well prepared.














 










 
Braida Bricco dell' Uccellone 2008
Barbere D'Asti
Piedmont, Italy

Decided not to take a bottle of my own...as I remembered that the 2007 version of the wine was on the list. All gone. The 2008 was entered in pencil.
Not wanting to spend too much time browsing again...I asked Agnello to give it a good decant.
Dark fruit...with an instant enticing smell of oak and a mix of mint and ripe forest berries. Velvety tannins...which I was pleased with as the wine had to match all the food choices ( I was drinking alone).
Well structured and a good long finish...and a treat.
Points 17.25


No comments: