Sunday, May 24, 2009

Schmitt and his Kids


















A couple of years ago..after reading about the winner of the Pinot Cup..Randersackerer Sonnenstuhl Spätburgunder trocken „S“ 2004..I called this vineyard...and managed to get two of the winning wine. One bottle has been gulped..but I am digressing...anyway.. after showing my disappointment with the meagre amount I could buy..the grower offered me this wine...so I bought 12 bottles!!!...I tried a couple..very nice..and gave a few away as presents.....now I am down to three..and standing in the cellar not knowing what to drink( it is only me that does this isn't it?).. I decided to see how it had developed
Schmitt's Kinder Domina & Spatburgunder 2005 Franconia, Germany
Shiny, ruby red...soft earthy forest berry aroma..the Domina..which is a cross between the Portugiser & Spätburgunder...with mediterranian character...gentle sweet fruit..typical Franconian..surprisingly complex...and the last two bottles will not be given away....leave another two years until the next time I stand in the cellar..lost for choice.
Points 16.5

No comments: