Friday, May 01, 2009

Rebholz Riesling

I needed a break from work....just relax, eat & drink..so Volker & myself were off to our local Bistro. I took along 2 bottles......we chose as starters fresh Octopus and Squid from the grill.. which, when fresh..is absolutely delicious. I covered up the wines....Volker has to work for his supper...
Ökonomierat Rebholz von Muschelkalk
Riesling Spätlese Trocken 2007
Pfalz, Germany

From the moment you see it..you can feel the goodness....some wines you just know can't fail... this style of Riesling (Spätlese trocken) is where I am....not being a great lover of stomach-churning adidity at my age. On the nose there is peach and some apple...cool and silky on the palate...perfect fruit and very delicate acidity. Classy & elegant. Fellow blogger Lyle raved about this and I can only agree.....no chance of it deteriorating on day two..the bottled emptied easily.
Points 17.5
The red I had taken along was the Schneider Pinot Noir. Volker thought I had marked high...but as the bottle emptied and the class of the wine showed...he slowly agreed with me.
This a a benchmark wine at € 20,--

No comments: