Monday, October 20, 2008

Mozart & I















Another 'hobby' of mine is...my DJ-ing at a radio station. On Sunday 19th October I did my 250th show..covering 10 years. Certainly the oldest show in Germany for soul music. Nobody is allowed in the studio when I do the show...the blinds are down..a small light is on..the headset in place..and away I go..my own little world. I have listeners all over the world..from Sydney to Los Angeles. The newspapers ran an article about little 'ol me...Playlist and links to 'German' reports
HERE
What's it got to do with wine?...well...250 is a hell of a lot..and the studio gave me a bottle of wine...nice.... A special bottling I was told..and 'biologique'
Marie-Paule Roux Mozart 2005

Corbieres, France

Hopefully a soulful bottle of wine and....before any comments arrive...there is no resemblance....

2 comments:

Edward said...

Barry,

Hearty congratulations, it's a pleasing mental picture you paint, sitting in a studio with the your soul music pumped up and the blinds closed.

Joe Manekin said...

Looks like you're having fun. I got here through a comment left on a Juice Crew 'posse cut' sampling Otis Redding 'Hard to Handle' (which you may recall was re-done by the Black Crowes and released as a single almost 20 years ago). Shortly after the rap version came out. Anyway, I look forward to checking out your show and blog - good stuff. Cheers, Joe