Friday, November 17, 2006

Hamilton Russell Vineyards Chardonnay 2005

Now..South African Wines and myself haven't yet fallen in love..we have had the odd affair..but nothing that made the earth move! My first experience was about 15 years ago..and a 'Dieu Donné' Chardonnay was impressive and very reasonably priced. Back then though, my tastes were different. Which brings me to this wine and style.

Hamilton Russell Vineyards Chardonnay 2005
Oaky nose, lime, but closed and reserved; disjointed at the moment...trying to be elegant but the oak is hovering...it needs a year or two maybe..but would I go back and want to drink it?..I doubt it..mainly because my tastes have changed (an age thing)..and I search for 'natural' wines and not the Chard with oak style. Others may love it..
Points 15


No comments: