Monday, June 16, 2008

Peaceful Easy Feeling

Some wines remind me of music.....
and as I drank this I thought of the
'Eagles – Peaceful Easy Feeling'

Helmut Dönnhoff is one of the 2
top growers on the Nahe..
wines of elegance and finesse.

Dönnhoff Schlossböckelheimer Felsenberg
Riesling trocken 2007
Nahe, Germany
This is a downgraded Spätlese...and was given 3 hours airing....





Medium deep yellow..with sparkling green tinges....a bouquet of apricots..some ripe citrus fruits..later a touch of wild raspberry..and lovely minerally aroma....all this continues onto the palate..the acidity bounces over the tongue..flinty...and the minerality is just perfect.
Drink it now or over the next 5 years....that 'Peaceful Easy Feeling' will remain with you.
Points 17 € 20

1 comment:

Joe said...

I really love all of the Donnhoff wines I have tasted, and I went crazy for a recent "special order" here in Montreal. Some will rest in my cellar until the Soulbrother comes to "la Belle Province".