Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Enderle & Moll...the Teenage Years

Recommendations and hype are OK...they tempt and please...but at the end of the day...it is down to you.
I am still making up my mind about the two wines below...bought after the forums on the net were full of them.
They need time...that is clear...and I find them hard work at the moment.
Pinot Noir should be sexy...but these two are spotty teenagers...needing my patience and a few years to show their beautiful side.
Both opened 4 hours in advance...



Enderle and Moll Pinor Noir Muschelkalk 2009
Baden, Germany
I thought Bordeaux on sniffing...wild and earthy with a few swirls...not your everyday sexy grape. Iron came to mind...and blackcurrant...hence the Bordeaux feel. Taut tannins still...as I said...hard work.
Points 16.75

Enderle and Moll Pinor Noir Bundsandstein 2009
Baden, Germany

Damp forest smells...which opened with more airing...herbs and gentle toasting. Fruit is hidden behind the tannins... and again...hard work.
Points 17

Now...I know my wines...after 40 years of tasting and gulping...I should do.
I hope these turn out well...enough experts are rating them...but they are not sexy at this time. Maybe I am comparing them to another style...see Metzger Pinot Noir below...and I am willing to be convinced...time will tell...and I have a few bottles.
P.S.
Bought a bottle of each of the 2012 vintages...still listening to the hype.

No comments: