Monday, June 20, 2011

Lamb without Wine












One of my favourite foods....lamb carré...and it looks good before and after.
The wines I chose...what can I say?....was it a full moon?...or a change in the weather?...whatever...they did not please.


Bodegas Muga Rioja
Reserva 2004

Rioja, Spain

Dark purple in colour...blackberry on the nose...and onto the palate, smoky meats, leather & tobacco...medium tannins...2004 is a very fine vintage in Spain....but this seems brawny...not a trace of charm.

Points 16








Bodegas Muga Rioja Gran Reserva
Prado Enea 2001,
Rioja, Spain
In desperation after the Muga...I opened this...and expected a creamy vanilla old style Rioja smell...but this seemed dry and plain...even left overn
ight it gained no plus points. Has the oak drained it of it's fruit? Very strange....I'll blame it on the moon.
Points 15

No comments: