Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Bonzai Blog

The Bonzai plant as background is really appropriate..the reason being that I was looking for information about the wine and stumbled on a Blog from Japan. Written in English, although as the Blogger states, his master of the language is not great. I remember the early days in Germany...learning to speak German...and having people smile as I made amusing mistakes. I now speak it probably 95% perfect..but still say something funny.
So..I am entitled to be amused by our Japanese Wine Lover's notes....but..reading between the lines..you know that he loves wine....and I have added him to my links.

Domaine de Montcalmes Rouge 2005
Coteaux du Languedoc, France
The wine is made from 75% Syrah, 15% Grenache and 10% Mourvedre. The parcelles and varietals are vinified separately, and the wine undergoes 24 months elevage in barrique, with the Grenache being transferred back to stainless steel after the first 12 months.The slightly wild smell of the Languedoc...forest fruits..herbs..pepper & tobacco...and some dark olives. The tannins are medium tight..with a soft bite into the wild fruit...reminded me in style of a Côte Rôtie.
Points 17

No comments: