Tuesday, October 09, 2007

A Touch of The Clape

After visiting the Rhône we travel south looking for more of the same.
Whenever I see the words 'La Clape'..it reminds me of the disease
(taken from the French word 'clapoir')..
Our wine today has not resemblance...thank heaven!

Chateau de la Negly La Clape 'La Falaise' 2005
Coteaux du Languedoc, France
60% Syrah 30% Mourvedre, 10% Grenache
Long 'Legs' in the glass which are no mark of quality..as Michael Broadbent once wrote 'I have never been a 'leg' man myself'...but I thought it was a nice intro..
I was already captivated after pulling
the cork.. black cherry, cassis..very dominant..sweet French oak; satin-textured & intense, elegant, sweet black fruits and some creamy vanilla, tannins you hardly notice..
A real delight to drink.
Points 17

The meal was the Pasta with 2 types of mushrooms from yesterday
( I eat left-overs as you can see )..
which, as is often the case, tastes better a day later..the cream sauce and mushrooms flavour more intense.
The wine was a perfect marriage this time.

No comments: